Before & After: Solitaire Setting for Cara & Amari
Cara & Amari came to us with an heirloom diamond ring they were interested in resetting. The were hoping for a yellow gold solitaire style that felt classic and timeless. They knew they had a substantially sized stone in the middle of their family ring, but the rest of the design felt too large and busy. We removed all of the stones and reset the center diamond into a timeless four prong setting. We'll be using the melee diamonds in a future wedding band.
About our Heirloom Redesign services
We consider heirloom redesigns to be our bread + butter, and we love working with clients to recreate their previously well-loved jewelry into something new and special. By re-working your old pieces, we can maintain the sentimental value that inherently lies in stones + metal, and produce something that will become a favorite piece for years to come.
Some of the projects we can do are:
- Take apart an old diamond engagement ring and using the stone in a new setting
- Create a solitaire pendant necklace out of an old stone
- Reset uniform matching stones into a tennis bracelet
- Combine gemstones from various pieces into a cluster style ring or necklace
- Remove diamonds from an old band and create new diamond studs
We work with precious stones like diamond, ruby and sapphire, and handle semi-precious stones on a case by case basis. We do not work with heirloom emeralds, pearls, opals, or tanzanite.
Our pricing begins at $1,800 – our average project costs $2,300 without additional stones, and $3,000-$5,000 with additional stones added in.